Introduction to JSON
- Open source, light-weight data-interchange format.
- an alternative to XML.
- used to transmit data between sever and web application.
- language independent just as XML.
- Internet media type is application/json.
- has a file extension of .json.
- the format was introduced by Douglas Crockford.
Advantage of JSON over XML.
- easy to read compared to XML.
- more compact than XML and hence is loaded quickly.
- flexible compared to XML.
- faster compared to XML.
- Knowledge of XML would be advantageous.
Table of Contents
2. JSON Syntax
3. JSON Datatypes
4. JSON Schema
5. JSON Libraries
6. JSON Nested Objects
8. JSON With PHP