This post we will show you What is the difference between csv and xls formats? We will examine the basic characteristics of each format.
CSV : It’s means Comma Separated Values(csv).and it is a simple plain text (ansi) format. These files hold simple plain text as all series of values mostly (cells) separated by commas (,) values in a series of lines (rows).
XLS : It’s is the main binary file format for all eXceL data value to SpreadsheetS(xls). It is an MS Excel format workbook binary file generated, which holds information all about all the worksheets data in a workbook and then comprising both data content and formatting data.
[alert type=white ]
Don’t miss out ..
What is the difference between csv and xls formats?
Here are following difference between csv and xls formats:
- An xls format not only stores data value but can any also do any operations on the data value
- An xls format is a spreadsheet sheet that saves files all data value into its own proprietary itself format viz xlsformat or xlsx format
- Xls saved in excel cannot be any opened or edited by text editors.
- CSV format stores data values but does not any contain formatting, and formulas, support macros, etc. and thenIt is also known as flat files.
- CSV format for any saving data tabular information data into a delimited simple text file with extension is .csv
- CSV format can be opened all or all any edited by text editors like notepad, sublime, etc.
That’s it for now.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to my YouTube Channel for video tutorials.