How can I Boost website traffic for free?
How to boost website traffic for free. Can I do it for free?
Several people have been asking me the same question again and again over the past year.
And they receive the same answer….
YES absolutely why not.
In this post I will address some common problems holding back your website from getting more traffic.
I’ll give you some tips in order to boost your website traffic for free.
As usual, fell free to comment. Constructive criticism is always the best 🙃
Let’s start with some basic terms
Traffic = online visitors to your website
Returning traffic = the people that have already visited your website and come back to your website 2 or more times
Target audience = the people that will visit your website and will take some action on your outputs
At first glance, in my opinion it is wrong to say “I want more traffic” and I will explain.
Do you want more traffic just for the sake of a number?
OK I get it if you run a huge blog that is cool. Go ahead and be proud.
What happens if you are a new blogger?
It is actually depressing to check your traffic number growing and after a period boom nothing!
It is very risky to watch that number as you will become obsessed. The comparison on your mind starts to kick in and your feeling in not good enough. If you feel that is not enough then you are website probably will fail. Over the past year I have seen a lot of people even paying for adverts to get more traffic.
That is absolutely ridiculous. Think about it!
More money on those adverts = More traffic
This is what the most people is thinking.
Just stop it.
At this point the organic traffic term is up.
Along with the question, Can I get organic traffic? For free?
So what’s the solution?
Boost website traffic for free
It’s simple as that- Interaction and Engagement.
How many times you have shared your content to social networks? I guess a lot.
Stop be lazy and here what you can do:
- respond to every single comment good or bad
- thank people that tweet and retweet your content
- you have to be always available for questions over email or messenger
Do not ignore people interact with what the are thinking.
“It’s all about starting small and
appreciating the small gains”
Previously I have told you to stop this paid advertising.
Which is the best advertisement platform for your website?
Trust me, there is a much better promoter for your website than you.
Self promotion is very important. Trust me people will not google search your website unless you can create a buzz and get a lot of people to notice at first.
Over the past year, I have spoke with a lot of Bloggers and all assume that just by pumping out content either a lot of people or Google or maybe both will notice them.
Sound like your website / blog at all ?
What is your strategy?
Time is everything.
You have to ask yourself how much time do you spend building content on you website?
What is the value of the content on your visitors?
- Increase your content frequency to 2 or more articles a week, and you’ll notice a significant increase in traffic to your blog.
- Post content matters. Research shown that google and other search engines analyses content based on the keywords used inside your content. Actually, google ranks content that has more than 2000 words better that content with less content.
- Build your email list. Yes ok I understand what you are thinking SPAMMING. Ask most successful bloggers what the top source of traffic to their blog is and they’ll tell you that email is in the top 3.
- Guest blog. Probably one of the faster ways to grow your website or blog is by writing guest posts to other people blogs. More specifically, you can research other blogs that is much bigger than your and you can write some guest posts. The exposure you will get will result in lot more traffic to your website.
- Optimize your website. SEO is number one factor on that point. Do not Ignore SEO and I say it again DO NOT IGNORE SEO. You have to get familiar with the concepts of SEO and optimise your blog posts.
- Develop an outreach plan. Do not just create the content and just sit waiting for the traffic. Simply this will not work. Create a plan, schedule your posts for that article on your social media. Ask your self this questions before posting:
Where to post first (Facebook, Twitter or Instagran)?
What time is the best to post on social media?
- Run and plan contest or a poll. Make a share condition with your visitors and give something back valuable to them
- Use headers, videos, and other visual tools to make the most important pieces of your article get noticed and remembered. 43% of people admit to skimming blog posts. check out the source
- Websites with a blog have tend to have 434% more indexed pages.(source)
- Create audio visual content. Statistics say that posts with images get 94% more views than the traditional posts.
I hope you have enjoyed the post and found it useful.
Feedback is much appreciated!
We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!