During a theme or plugin update your screen might stuck and after you refreshed the page you get the message “briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance in WordPress”. It is very annoying and the post shows you How to fix briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance in WordPress.
Here is how to fix it
When WordPress is doing any updates creates a .maintenance file in the root directory of the installation. The file is auto-removed after the updates are done.
In the case of an interruption of some sort, this file doesn’t get deleted and the message won’t go away. The causes can vary from one installation to other, it can be a plugin issue or if your server is not powerful enough you might run out of memory during the update. If it happens really often the chance of running out of memory is really high. You can check the server logs for details.
How to fix briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance in WordPress
- Log into your web server via FTP or your web host’s control panel.
- Locate the root of your WordPress install (first place to look /var/www/html/)
- Look for a file called .maintenance
- Delete it
- Refresh your WordPress site
The site should back now. If still doesn’t work try the following:
- Find the file called wp-activate.php in the root directory,
- Edit and search for WP_INSTALLING parameter (should be at the beginning of the file).
- change it from true to false.
Follow me on Github
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook Page
[alert type=white ]
Don’t Miss Out