The most important part is to use all the little features and tools that YouTube offers so you can make your content stand out. One of the little features that can help you promote your content and gain more exposure is the YouTube Cards. Check out this post on How to use Youtube cards?
[alert type=white ]
One of the very important details that you should pay attention to is the URL address of your channel. The URL address should always be easy and simple so users can more easily access your channel.
YouTube has been integrated into your everyday life. And it’s only natural because YouTube has something for everyone. We are talking about the YouTube cards. There are different kinds of YouTube cards and they can be displayed even on your mobile devices, unlike the annotations. Not only that but you can add up to five cards per video which is the perfect way to link any relevant videos, sites or features with your content.
You can add five different types of YouTube cards to your videos:
- Video or playlist: For promoting your video content.
- Channel: For promoting another channel.
- Donation: For featuring a nonprofit or cause of your choice and encourage donations.
- Poll: For encouraging viewers to engage in a multiple-choice poll.
- Link: Link to an approved website off of YouTube.
But, how exactly do you create them?
It’s really easy and simple, just check out the guide below:
- Sign into to your YouTube Video Manager, and click on ‘Edit’ for the video you want to add a Card to
- Click on the ‘Cards’ button in the top navigation bar, click ‘Add Card’
- Click on ‘Add Card’ again to open up the creation window for the Card type you want to add. Enter a valid URL applicable to that Card type.
- Upload an image (or pick one from the suggestions offered). Edit and optimize the title and call-to-action text
- Click ‘Create Card’ and adjust the start time for the teaser if required
And that’s it. 😉
That’s it for now.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to my YouTube Channel for video tutorials.